|Lakshmi Narayan Sahu Mahavidyalaya, was established at Jagatpur in the district of cuttack in 1980 to spread higher education in the suburban peripheral area of Cuttack along with upholding the ideals and services of the noted social worker Padmashree Late Sri Lakshmi Narayan sahu. Some illustrious personalities of Cuttack and Jagatpur and the think tank of the Lakshmi Narayan Sahu Memorial Committee under the aegis of Dr. Harekrushna Mahatab felt the need to enshrine the memory and services of this great son of India who was a eminent philanthropist and literature.This college is the realization of this collective noble desire.
The college started functioning in the Nimpur High School and later in 1983 was shifted to its own building which is adjacent to N.H.5. At present the college has its own land and building. And is managed under Odisha Society Reg. Act 1860.
The college got affiliation from Utkal University ,Vani Vihar , Bhubaneswar for IA classes in 1983. Subsequently, it was affiliated to CHSE in 1985. The Govt. concurrence was accorded to the college for +3 Arts classes in the session 1989-90. Subsequently, it was affiliated to Utkal University in the same session.
The college got Govt. concurrence and CHSE affiliation for +2 Com. in the session 2005-06 and 2006-07 respectively. The recognition and affiliation for Honours facility in Eng, Oriya History subject ware received in the session 2005-06.
The Govt. permission for opening of +2 Science,+3 Com and Hons in Pol.Sc has been obtained from the session 2010-11.
The college was affiliated to the UGC under 2(f), 12(B) in the session 2006. It has been accredited by National Assessment and Accreditated Council (NAAC) from 8th March 2009.